THE VON ROSENBERG FAMILY OF TEXAS
The 1997 Reunion
The 1997 Reunion will be held at Camp Lone Star on Friday thru Sunday, July 18th to the 20th in La Grange. Mark your calendars now! Over 70 people attended the 1996 Reunion. Camp Lone Star has added new improvements. Come and experience the fun! The scavenger hunt keeps getting more interesting every year. Volleyball, ping pong, swimming, boating, hot tub, cards, dominos, videos, hiking, and washers all take place at this wonderful fun Family Reunion. So, make your plans now and come join us. We may add golf this year, who knows? See you in La Grange in July!
Some of the extra special events planned for the 1997 Reunion are:
- Dance workshop for all by instructor Pam Peters. At the 1996 Reunion we all learned the Macarana! We may need a refresher course at the 1997 reunion. Pam has also volunteered to have a Twirling Dance workshop for all interested parties!! What fun!!
- Canoe Races!! We will have several categories of canoe races so start practicing on the lakes. Some of the race categories include: boys under 12 years, boys over 12, mens, women's, adult/child (must have one woman and one girl), grandparent/child (under 12) and others may be added!!
- Historic Trip either to Henkel Square or to Peter Carl's grave and the Kreische Brewery. The trip to Henkel Square in Round Top is about a 30 mile drive. At Henkel square, we can visit the authentic restorations of 19th century German American culture and historic homes. Another possible trip will be to Peter Carl's grave in La Grange and a tour of the Kreische Brewery and Monument Hill.
- Golf. Golf is available for interested parties at Frisch Auf Golf course in La Grange. It is a
9 hole course and we can golf either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. Green fees are $14 and a golf cart is $16.
- Stargazing. Come see the night skies and bring your telescopes! We'll have a star map and be watching the stars on Friday night !! This is a lot of fun whether you know your constellations or not!
The von RosenbergFamily of Texas Cookbook is still available through the Family Treasurer. It is urgent that we continue to sell cookbooks because the funds from the remaining 1,000 books will be used to help finance Vol. III which is in the planning stages.
For Cookbooks, write to: William F. von Rosenberg III, 11404 Antler Lane, Austin, TX 78726
Please send a letter listing any books that you have and quantity of each kind to:
William F. von Rosenberg III, 11404 Antler Lane, Austin, TX 78726. This list should include Vol. I & II, Immigration letters, Ancestral Voices, Family Cookbooks and even Coffee Mugs,
The Secretary requests all members to please send him updated addresses for those on the "Address Needed" list. Please forward any other significant family events such as marriages, births and deaths to the Family Secretary:
Wayne A. Scholz, 326 Brittany Drive, Portage, MI 49024
The 1999 Reunion will mark the 150th anniversary of the arrival of our ancestors in Texas. We are planning on making the 1999 Reunion an extra special event. Come with your ideas to really make this a special year to remember!
We will be discussing the next steps for Vol. III. If you have experience with genealogical software, please volunteer to help with this.
Watch the upcoming spring newsletter for more details of the 1997 Reunion!!
Check out the minutes from our past reunion.
Check out the officers.