The Procrastinator's Home Page
My name is Janet and this is my home page.
Or rather, this would be my home page if I got around to fixing it up.
I have the following interests:
- Improving my German vocabulary, which I haven't quite gotten around to yet.
Perhaps I should work on my my Latin vocabulary instead.
- Lute playing, except that I haven't gotten around to building the lute yet.
Or, come to think of it, of buying the lute kit.
- Getting a degree in historical botany, which I could be procastinating on,
except that I don't know of any University around here
that offers such a degree. So I'm off the hook on that one.
- Rowing on the water instead of on a Concept II.
This would involve getting up early in the morning, but would probably be
quite enjoyable. I'd have to find the local Rowers first,
and find some of those little fasteners
that would keep my glasses from sinking to the bottom of the Navesink River
the first time I fell into the water.
- Learning Middle English, medieval Latin, classical Greek,
and Egyptian hieroglyphs.
You can guess, but I do at least have a book on the last one.
If I thought that there was a real Stargate, perhaps I'd learn,
even if the book is by Budge.
- Moving back to Wisconsin, where people recognize silliness
as something other than stupidity and even enjoy it on occasion.
Where I could even hear "The Bears still Suck" polka on the radio.
Where I could go to FleetFarm.
Where I could contemplate a tradition that includes the birth of the
Republican party, the Progressives, Joe McCarthy and modern day welfare reform.
Where I'd probably have to take a big pay cut and where I could
reacquaint myself with those 20 below January days. Hmmm.
- Finally finishing that pretty home page with the nice graphics.
It's sitting, unfinished, on my hard drive.
If I did finish that, you could find out about some interests I actually
do something about.
Thanks for stopping by, particularly if you were just wasting time!
(Be sure that I typed in this page
when I should have been doing something else.)
Remember - You could be doing worse things with your time.
At least you aren't creating viruses.
Back to Monmouth Internet User Web
Last modified: DEC 31 11:59 GMT 1969