- Over 15 years of data processing/information systems experience, designing, implementing, integrating and providing hands on support for a wide variety of both applications and system software, as well as planning, setup, configuration and maintenance of the associated hardware.
Environments that integrated micro computers, minis and mainframes using both LAN and mainframe based wide area networking, running Windows NT, Novell NetWare, and SNA.
Project scopes have ranged from simple application installation and user support to the design and implementation of a corporate wide, international messaging system consisting of thousands of seats.
- PC class servers, including Compaq Proliants and Prosignias, workstations, laptops and associated peripherals
IBM mainframes, IBM 8100, IBM S/36
- Ethernet, Token Ring, with associated cabling and hubs
- Software / OS
- Windows NT 3.51 - 4.0 Server and NT 3.5 - 4.0 Workstation, Windows 95/98, Windows 3.x, OS2, Linux, DOS
Novell NetWare - server and client
TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, DHCP, DNS, SNA
cc:Mail - desktop and mobile client and system administration, mobile clients
Numerous PC based software applications, including Microsoft Office, Lotus Smart Suite, Lotus Notes, WordPerfect, PC Anywhere, Procomm, Laplink, Ghost, Attachmate Extra, SPF/PC, Visio, Expert Advisor, Insight Manager, Backup Exec etc.
VM/SP, CMS, MVS/XA, JES2, CICS, PS/CICS, PS/PC, DSX, VS1, TSO, SMP/E, VCNA, NCP, DCF/GML, DPCX, DOSF, DISOSS, Soft-Switch, Office Vision
- BASIC, various scripting languages, COBOL, BAL, HTML
- COMPTIA A+
- COMPTIA Network+
- Microsoft Networking Essentials
- Microsoft Windows NT 4 - Internetworking with TCP/IP
- Currently pursuing MCSE certification.
(1999 - )
BOC Gases - Built, upgraded and supported NT servers in a multiple master domain networking environment. Upgraded and certified servers as Y2K compliant Provided system support during a cc:Mail to Exchange migration.
Online Marketing Network - Hardware and network troubleshooting and maintenance.
Tektonic Inc. - Performed hardware and software upgrades and user training.
- System Management Specialists Inc.
(1997 - 1998)
- Continued working in the same capacity as at CBS - the CBS data center was outsourced to SMS.
- CBS Inc.
(1980 - 1997)
- As a hands on manager, designed a large scale corporate-wide, international electronic messaging system and led a group that implemented both software and hardware for it from the ground up. This involved the interfacing of mainframes, minis and micro computers using CICS and DISOSS and the associated software for distributed processors and integrated it with cc:Mail on the corporate WAN using Windows NT, OS2 and NetWare. The project included specifying, acquiring, and setup/installation and maintenance of the LAN hardware and software as well as end user support. The corporate messaging system was also interfaced with external networks, including the Internet. As part of a corporate merger, was responsible for integrating the existing messaging system with MS Mail, Groupwise and MS Exchange and providing global directory synchronization for all systems.
Performed Novell Netware system administration for the servers located at the corporate data center and implemented LAN based 3270 emulation.
Taught introductory computer classes to train help desk personnel
As a senior software specialist, performed NCP maintenance, NCP gens, and wrote associated utility programs in BAL for automating maintenance procedures for communications sytems.
As a software specialist, was leader of a group that was responsible for introduction, installation, and maintenance of VM/SP. I also set up user software products and maintained VS1.
- B.S., Rutgers University
Technical training also includes numerous courses by training providers both in-house and at training centers. The courses covered systems programming and software implementation and administration, including, in addition to mainframe software topics, Bay Networks router configuration,TCP/IP, NT 4.0 Workstation, NT 4.0 Server and LAN based email.
- ACGNJ computer user group
Special skills and other qualifications:
- Developed and taught introductory computing classes both at work and in a vocational-technical school.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- As a volunteer for various charitable organizations, have led seminars and produced fund raising events.
References available upon request